Accomplishments 2016/2017

Hey guys!

Before I go into any news/details I'd just like to go over last year's and this year's accomplishments for 2017, as per every year. Most of you know what I mean so let's go (but if not: check last year out - http://artsnerdyblog.blogspot.se/2015/12/accomplishments-20152016.html).

Last year's accomplishments

2012:
So, things I wanted to do five years ago are still on my list and I hate it. I hate that I haven't taken the time at all to do these. Since it's five years ago (and a lot have changed within me, my goals and in what way I care about nerdy stuff) I have changed a lot but I am still keeping these, for now, until I figure out completely what I want to do and how.


  1. Listen to all the Harry Potter audiobooks
    The post from last year was wrong, I had started the fifth book then, and I'm still on that one, about half-way through. What else can I say? No dedication.
  2. Watch the complete first season of Pokémon
    This seemed quite a lot more fun and doable when I was 17-18. I've been a bit tired of the audiobooks this year though and actually cared about watching a few episodes (it's interesting living in the past, trying to figure out what you thought then). I'm about 80 % done with this goal (I've seen 67/82 episodes of the season) and really hope I can cross this off before heading into 2018.
  3. Run 13 kilometers
    My knees are still an issue for me. But I ran 10 kilometers for the first time in four years or so, I am getting there and I am crossing every finger I have that my knees can take 13 this summer. I really did have some issues with completing this in 2014 and 2015 which were awful years for working out in my life.
2014:
(Side note: At least I finished 2013 at some point. Can't remember what those were anymore.)
  1. Smash a guitar
    I'm not sure when this will ever happen, hahaha.
2015:
Yes! Here we go. One accomplishment that's been... well, accomplished. Did I get better at making goals 2015?

  1. Sleep below the stars
    No. Unfortenately. Not even sure if I'll do it this year. With dogs? Could be... fuuuun...??
  2. Learn basic Klingon (accomplished)
    As this was a goal that was really hard to define and it was difficult finding tools (even offline, like books) to accomplish this, knowing about three-four phrases seems good enough to me. I mean, do you know what "Bortas bir jabludi reh qaqqu nay" means?! I'm guessing no. But I do, and that is pretty cool.
2016:
Last year, here we go, did I make smart goals? Eh! Kinda...

  1. Conquer a fear
    This was supposed to be easy to finish but it was hard to define. I have a sort of "fear" or aversion towards biting very cold things like popsicles because it hurts my teeth. Why haven't I done this?!
  2. Memorize 10 pi digits (accomplished)
    This took a month or two to practise but now I'm fairly sure I know that it's 3,141592653! Boom.
This year's accomplishments

2017:

  1. Pay to have my fortune told
    I would love to know more about my future... ;) Seriously, this only seems like a fun thing.
  2. Visit a new town
    In Sweden or the world. Wherever. I wanna go somewhere I haven't been before, but it doesn't have to be a new country!
Complete list - 2017!

  1. Listen to all the Harry Potter audiobooks
  2. Watch the complete first season of Pokémon
  3. Run 13 kilometers
  4. Smash a guitar
  5. Sleep below the stars
  6. Conquer a fear
  7. Pay to have my fortune told
  8. Visit a new town

So I have as many accomplishments this year as I did last year but I'm probably not going to accomplish many this year and unless people find this yearly post superinteresting (especially doubting this as they are not even nerdy anymore) I will completely stop with it.

This is because, as a goals freak, I've redone my complete "things to achieve and do and complete"-list into a three parter with more important things first, more concrete things second and these fun miscellaneous ones at the bottom.

So let me know. You find this interesting? If not, I'll just skip this the following years.

Happy New Year in arrears and hope you have some fun resolutions. Please share those as well!!

Comments

Popular Posts